|

Monday, February 25, 2008

Oh, my gosh...

Today is Monday. It is usually my non-blogging day, because I am so exhausted after working an 11 hour day.

But too much is happening for me to stay silent.

I thought the biggest news yesterday was that the stars from my favorite movie "Once" won an Oscar for their song "Falling Slowly." The young lady who co-wrote/performed the song is only one day older than our son Mark--she'll turn 20 on Thursday. Mark will be five on Friday.

Then today I went to work and found out that a water main had broken and so all the offices and residences on the west side of Bethel had no water (till 2 pm--ha!). I left at 3 pm to go over to the seminary and they still hadn't found the leak, but they had done a nice job of tearing up the sidewalks and making big holes and generally making it difficult to get around at all.

Curtiss came back to the office after a radio interview on KTIS AM. (I knew he was gone, but he didn't say he was doing a radio interview on his new book, Living Faith.) He gave me the sad news that Larry Norman had died yesterday. I spent the rest of the day at my computer at Anth/Soc and the seminary listening to old Larry Norman songs on Youtube.

I was at the seminary late, helping to students and talking to the SemPM coordinator. I stopped to get gas because no one had filled the tank over the weekend. I stopped to fill a prescription and to get a snack because I was hungry after working all day and not really stopping to eat a decent meal.

Then I got home and encountered another surprise.

Tim has blogged.

I had stopped checking, because there was never an update. I thought the death of his beloved Larry Norman might bring him out of blogging silence.

I was wrong.

He started blogging at the start of Lent, a sort of anti-fasting thing. He was ending his fast from blogging. Or he was beginning a blogging feast/fast. Whatever.

Anyway, he's written some interesting things in the past few days. Even my sister took notice, but she never let on even though she spent the weekend here. She asked Tim in an email if she should "out" him, and he responded, "Do you want a place to stay?" So her silence continued.

Well, it's after ten now and I'm beat. I've got book club at the end of the work day tomorrow, so I better head to bed. I hope we have water, because I work in the townhouses again.

But I really feel bad for the students who live in the townhouses--waking up and having to run to the college buildings to use the bathroom (the buildings are locked up at midnight, too!) Hopefully they got the water back on today sometime.

Till next time,


Suzi

PS Did I blog that last week or so we had a water main break in our neighborhood? Rivers were gushing down our street in freezing cold temps. Fortunately they fixed it after a couple of hours and put down a lot of salt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com