|

Saturday, August 30, 2008

I taught my first class!

I am now a college instructor! I am noted as full-time staff with faculty status (at least I think that's how I'm noted...). I can teach, give assignments, grade and have a TA (teaching assistant).

The first class was really fun for me. I think the students are still a bit overwhelmed by everything, but I hope they enjoyed class too. The hour time slot went by very quickly. I'll have to be careful not to go over, because my Tuesday sessions are only 40 minutes and my Thursday sessions are 50 minutes.

I'm hoping to have a BBQ at my house. There are 15 students signed up for my course, but I think I had a couple extra, and one student who was there and left emailed me to say she was planning to come back. So, I don't know if I'll end up with more students or if they'll be assigned to a new section.

Meanwhile, I'm working on registering new students for seminary, entering grades for Doctor of Ministry students at the seminary, helping my professors in Anthro/Soc get ready for the new year.

My overtime job is finished (whew!) and I received a very nice thank you gift. Tim helped me consume the trail mix packet, which had lots of yummy sunflower seeds (his favorite). And he didn't even have to remove any shells (I hate when we travel and sunflower shells get all over the place, but he eats them to stay awake).

The two professors in my department who are also teaching the Introduction to Liberal Arts class want to combine our classes for a BBQ at a park, since there will be so many of us (about 60!). That will be fun too!

My TA, Maren, is really terrific. She connects well with the students and is very energetic and supportive. After class she collected the assignments and asked how I would like her to grade them! What a blessing she is!

For now, though, I plan to kick back this weekend. I may help Tim a bit at Mark's house, and we might go to the State Fair in the morning (church at night). I'm planning to take Monday off work, and perhaps do some cleaning and catching up around the house. Reading and naps are also luxuries I hope to endulge in.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com