|

Friday, July 25, 2003

As I walk....

Today is garbage day. This means that if my husband discovers that the garbage container is not full and bursting over, I must collect more trash so that next week it is not overflowing too much. He is very good, too--searching through his truck for construction material to toss out.

So, I tried to make my walk shorter today so I would get back to do trash duty before the trash men arrive. Trash day is always interesting--looking around to see what people are discarding. At one home was a queen size bed, complete with box spring and frame. Another was throwing out a vacuum cleaner and ironing board. Funny how the things we use to clean eventually become garbage themselves.

But the most unusual sight today was when Raven (my dog) and I were walking around the park. I saw a woman with a bright red top and a large straw hat with a big brim--walking backwards around the parking lot. She was doing circles, looking over her shoulder once in awhile so she wouldn't trip over anything. She was moving her torso back and forth, sos I wondered if I had missed out on some new exercise from the latest infomercial or aerobic program. Or maybe she was just going through some initation rite--who knows?

Sometimes I wonder if I'm walking backwards in circles in my life--waiting till the last minute to take out the last of the garbage--postponing getting clutter out of my home and my heart as I circle my home daily. http://Flylady.net is helping me.

But my best help will come from seeking the Straight Path--the one that will lead to eternal peace--time to get back to Bible study!!

Suzi



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com