|

Tuesday, August 26, 2003

Happy birthday honey!

Today is the day I wait for for nine months! No, not the birth of a child, but for my husband Tim to catch up to me in age. Now, for three months, we can celebrate being 45 together. Then, this year on Thanksgiving again, I again become the "old lady."

I also like this time of year as I anticipate the return of the children to school!!! Schedules get busy, but I don't have to worry about juggling them during the day at least.

But one thing is different this year--we have had a very dry August. And the leaves on the trees are starting to fall--covering the pathways in the woods where I walk. I don't remember the leaves falling so soon--is this just a local phenomena? Is it related to the dry weather? Most of the trees are still sporting plenty of green leaves--it seems to be affecting the elms the most.

Maybe the leaves are just aging to join Tim in his advancing years. I hope this trend doesn't keep up!

Actually, years are a blessing, and we are very grateful for every day, month and year the Lord gives us. Luke will graduate from high school this year, and two years hence, Mark, two years later, Christina. Time will fly!

In the meantime, enjoy your day today, Tim--I love you!

Till next time,
Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com