|

Monday, September 22, 2003

A great retreat

Well, I'm back home now from a wonderful retreat at Covenant Pines Bible Camp in McGregor, MN. It was a terrific time of rest, laughter, learning, enjoying the beauty of the northwoods and lakes, and fellowship with other Christian ladies. The speaker was funny yet made us think and focus on God's ways. The topic was "Upside Down Secrets for Joyful Living"--and we looked at how God's ways are sometimes upside down to our way of thinking--such as being humble instead of seeking to exalt ourselves--but how his ways are best for us.

Saturday night our cabins ladies stayed up talking, singing and laughing till about 2 am. Lights out were midnight, but some ladies stayed out playing "Mafia"--a card game where 3 people with black cards are Mafia and the rest are red (one is the sheriff and one is a doctor who tries to guess who to save from the mafia's hits.) Anyway, it was really fun, and my family seemed to survive just fine without me--even the dog was fed, watered and walked. About the only thing I noticed that was different upon my return was that the banana supply was depleted (I guess I am needed for something, after all.)

And, I came home to find that the laundry room had dried out and the dryer was working just fine.

There is lots to be thankful for.

Till next time,
Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com