|

Thursday, October 30, 2003

Blog prints

Yesterday I printed out this past week's blogs so Tim could read them. He's not online much, so he doesn't take the time to look up my writings unless I make them accessible to him. He likes having something tangible in his hands to look at, and I guess I agree. But I like the idea of my blogs going into cyberspace where all the universe can access them and I can go back in the archives and retrieve them without digging through piles of papers.

So, Tim is my editor, my critic (in the non-blogging world). He says criticism is not always negative, there is such a thing as positive criticism. My blogs, he said, follow a certain pattern. He did not use the words "tiresome, predictable, or boring." I did. So, while he glanced as my musings during commercial breaks of Everybody Loves Raymond, he was influenced by what he was watching.

That particular episode of Raymond was about his brother Robert. Robert, a single guy, brought his latest love interest over for dinner, which Debra, Raymond's wife, prepared. A fly was buzzing around the table while Ray, Debra and Robert were in the kitchen. Angela, Robert's girlfriend, slapped the fly and it fell dead on her napkin. Ray offered to dispose of it, but Angela insisted she would be fine, so Ray continued working in the kitchen, preparing a tray of coffee mugs.

While Debra and Robert were still in the kitchen, Ray returned with the mugs to discover Angela sticking the fly in her mouth and swallowing it.

So, Tim and I decided I could write in my blog, "At least I don't eat flies." Or, "I may be a predictable blogger, but at least I don't eat worms."

After criticism, perhaps I feel like at least singing the worm song, you know, "everybody hates me, nobody loves me, guess I'll go eat worms."

But as I write that, I realize how ridiculous the whole mentality is. Tim criticizes to help me, and not to make me want to resort to insect or worm eathing. I accept his criticism like a big girl, taking what I think is valuable, and then going ahead and . . .

blogging about whatever I want.

Thanks for your help, honey. I will take it with a grain of salt, fly, or whatever. I do appreciate it, really.

Till next time,

Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com