|

Thursday, October 23, 2003

Getting ready for the weekend

It seems a mother/wife's work is never done, even when she will be staying

home for the weekend and her husband and a couple of children will be going

up north. Tim is going to a men's retreat at camp, and Luke and Inga are

going to a friend's cabin not far from camp, so they will be riding up together.

Luke and some other young men will be staying in our camper. It has needed

a new gas hose, as some hungry varmits chewed through the old one.

It has been quite a task to find a new one--first it took Tim several attempts to

remove the old one, then visits to several RV and even LP places before we

finally found a replacement at Camping World. Fortunately, it was found in

the back room, where it had been taken off the shelves not to be replaced next

season. It was a foot short, but Tim got it hooked up last night. So, the boys

won't freeze at night after all.

Before Tim can go, however, he needs to finish a couple of drywall jobs, so

today I am serving as Suzi the taper, scraping down ceilings on a remodel job

(ugh). But, in order to make sure my family gets off in time, I will put in my

time to help out without whining or even mentioning (yeah, right :) ) how

hard I work to make their fun possible.

Then I can kick back and relax as I realize I'm the only transportation all

weekend for the two kids left behind. So, I'll either be driving them all

weekend or we'll have lots of fun together at home. I vote for the latter. They

can even invite their friends over.

Monday may look pretty good.

Till next time,

Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com