|

Tuesday, October 28, 2003

A dog's delight

Today is a cold, cloudy, blustery day--with some sleet-like stuff coming down from the sky--the kind of day you hold your hand to your throat to keep your jacket closed tightly or your scarf secure. As Raven and I were walking, he seemed eager to greet every person and animal we approached--as if to say, "It's not such a gloomy day--say hello to me--I am welcoming you to this morning!"

Some people did not really appreciate his cheeriness and walked away--almost fearful of this German-shepherd mix dog, who, although he had his tail wagging, had a fierce bark and face. But one little girl, who did not really seem like a friendly candidate, responded to Raven. She was huddled on the curb, sitting waiting for the school bus, with her knit cap drawn all the way over her face. Raven approached her eagerly, sniffing her jacket and hat. She pulled up her hat and giggled, squealing as he put his cold nose next to her cheek. She was probably about 6 years old.

I hope I can find cheer as easily as my dog on this gloomy, cold day. I think I will find it during my Bible study and prayer time, as I curl up to meet God with a cup of sugar-free hot chocolate. I may not feel his wet nose on my cheek, but I'm sure I'll sense his presence in other ways.

Till next time,

Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com