|

Wednesday, October 29, 2003

Why am I downcast?

Yesterday Christina re-injured her ankle, but I didn't find out about it till she got home from her friend's house at about 6:30. She put some ice on it and rested after that (she had been playing basketball after school when she got hurt). Well, this morning she's complaining that she wants to stay home, her ankle kills, yet she's not willing to wear her air cast or use her crutches. She wants a ride to school, but on Wednesdays I don't have time to get her to school and get to my Bible study on time either.

So, we had "words" and she left upset and I am wondering again today how I am going to live through these teenage years. Then I remembered the lecture we heard in our BSF lesson last week--on the Psalms of David. Our teaching leader gave us several psalms to read depending on circumstances we are facing. Today, I read the ones on being downcast--Psalm 42 and 43. Verses that are repeated 3 times in these psalms are "why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God." 42:5, 42:11, and 43:5

Maybe someday I will not be surprised when life's circumstances are not what I want and I become downcast. Maybe I will remember in that immediate moment to turn to God, who is my rock and refuge, and seek his love and comfort. Maybe I will ask him for forgiveness immediately for the words I speak in anger, and seek forgiveness from those I wronged as well.

I guess I'm a work in process. Thank goodness we have a loving, patient and forgiving God.

Till next time,

Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com