|

Saturday, October 18, 2003

Maybe it will grow on me

I pass this stucco house on my morning walks--it's on two of my three routes. It's always had bushes at the front where I walk by--about 5 feet in height, so it gave a lot of privacy to the homeowners. I noticed a sign by the bushes one day, advertising a contractor, but it was not much more than a place where Raven enjoyed doing his business as we walked by. Then, I noticed that the bushes were cut way down, so the house was now fully visible.

The house is a two story--a pink stucco. Well, not exactly pink--more a subtle pink/peach tone. Not my idea of a house color, but it wasn't an in-your-face color either. But yesterday, I noticed the stucco was being painted. And not a neutral or usual house color, but a yellow. It wasn't a nice house yellow--kinda light or earthy tone, but bright. It was a bright mustardy color or maybe a daisy yellow. It seemed to scream among the other brown, gray and white houses surrounding it.

Today, though, as the house was closer to being finished, it seemed a bit better. Maybe they will be doing something with trim or adding something to the yard........we will see.

Still, bright mustard yellow doesn't sit well with me for exterior paint. I guess I'm kinda a boring gal....

Till next time,

Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com