|

Friday, October 17, 2003

"Don't worry, Mom........"

Isn't it a mother's job to worry? Especially when you have teenage children--that are driving? Yet, how often I hear the refrain, "Don't worry, Mom" as my kids are heading out the door and I'm saying, when will you be home--don't be late--be home by 11, etc.

Now Luke's truck is acting up. At first I thought it was undrivable, then I found out that he's been driving with this problem for 6 months. So, he was going to try to take his brother's truck with him this weekend up to Bible camp, and have us switch the insurance on it. But it was in his grandparent's garage behind Grandpa's model A, and besides it needed to have the new plates put on it. A project for us this weekend. So, they took my van, which can accommodate five boys much more easily than Luke's pickup. And he told me the tricks of what to do when the truck acts up. Thank goodness for cell phones and AAA insurance.

Now, I need to stop worrying about vehicles and trust that God will protect them all on their trip--the last time Luke will be a camper since he's now a senior in high school. I will pray for them, not worry, putting them and all our vehicles into God's hands.

Lord, help me to trust, not worry. Worry is part of my nature some how. Faith is hard work. But you are worthy of our trust and faith. I put this day and this weekend into your hands. Amen

Till next time,

Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com