|

Wednesday, October 15, 2003

Sunshine, on my shoulder--

Raven (our dog) and I got out a little bit early today--while it was still a bit

dark. That's not too hard to do in Minnesota this time of year, when it is pitch

black till almost 7 am. It's always fun to see the sun come up, gradually

lightening up the world, awakening it from its sleepy darkness, exposing the

shadows.

As we were walking west toward home, I noticed the tops of the brightly

colored trees, illuminating the orange, red, yellow and still green hues. The

lower parts of the trees remained in shadows, waiting the warm touch of the

sun.

I also viewed a passing flock of geese overhead, seeking warmer temperatures

to the south. The rising sun shone under their wings, brightening their sleek

underbodies as they soared past in formation.

In just minutes, whole trees are in the light of the sun--the world sees morning

again. I pray that as the world is illuminated in the early day, my mind can

grasp what God is teaching me and that my heart, body and life will be

affected by his light.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com