|

Friday, October 31, 2003

Halloween

As the kids get older, the celebration of Halloween changes. I don't have to worry about finding costumes for all the kids for school parties and parades, or going outside to go door to door with them in the dark.

Instead I go to Walgreens with Mark (15) and Inga (17) as they scramble for last minute costumes they decide they are going to get. Mark's band is playing at a local university, so all the band members are dressing up--therefore Mark needs something as well. He settles on Buttercup, the green Power Puff cartoon character. The biggest size is 4-5 (as in preschool), but Mark buys it and makes it stretch over his t-shirt. The shoes and the hat/mask are what really make the costume. I just shake my head and remind myself that someday the kids will be out of the house and I can watch my grandkids dress up in silly costumes someday.

Inga wanted to be Morticia, but she couldn't find a wig. So, she settled for black hair dye--she has long straight brown hair. And she bought some Halloween makeup, so I'm sure she'll figure something out. The dye isn't permanent--so I hope it washes out like it says on the label.

Christina is having friends over, and Luke is "hanging out" with friends. Hopefully they will all have fun and not get sick from too much candy.

And, most important, it is my sister Lori's birthday. Her son Richard (5) is a dalmation today. Have a great day sis!

Till next time,

Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com