|

Tuesday, September 23, 2003

Time for gloves

Today is the first day of autumn. I always think it should be the 21st, because I think that's when the first day of the other seasons is, but maybe I'm wrong. March 21, spring, Dec. 21, winter, June 21, spring. Maybe it's just because we need summer to linger a bit, so we delay the actual day of autumn. But I suppose we have to go with the day that has 12 hours and daylight and 12 hours of night, which must be today.

I'm thinking, I must go get some new gloves. My hands were cold today on Raven and my walk--it's hard to keep your hands in your pockets when you've got a leash in one hand and the poop bag in the other.

Today's Inga's last home soccer game, so the season is winding up. The stores are already pulling out their Christmas decorations--never mind Halloween--that's been up since August.

It seems like we always live for the future--or maybe dwell in the past. Today, I'm going to try to live for this day, this first day of autumn, and savor the cooler weather without worrying about the winter's snow.

Each day is a gift, so I will try to open this one slowly and with joy.Even if my fingers are a little chilly.

Till next time,
Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com