|

Saturday, November 22, 2003

Friday night blues

Last night the strangest thing happened. I was home alone (with Raven our dog, of course). Tim had a guys' game night--which we had planned to have here, but his friend who hosted it said there were too many kids here (I think he was only half teasing). Turns out Christina spent the night at school watching basketball and then slept over at a friend's, Mark hung out with friends at the neighbor's house, Inga was babysitting, then spent the night at a friend's, and Luke was out hanging with friends as well.

I had been home alone all day, but even so there was stuff I could do. But on a Friday night? So, I bundled up--snow's coming, they say--and went to Target to get supplies for Operation Christmas Child shoe box. Then I went to the book store to get Bodie Thoene's latest book, First Light. It was hardback--so a little pricy, but I told myself it's an early birthday present (it's on Thanksgiving this year). I have had this book on hold for me at the library for weeks, and it doesn't seem I'm much closer to being #1 on the waiting list, so I broke down and bought the silly thing. It's a wonderful book--I read about 4 chapters before I konked out.

Then Tim came home about 11:30, and we watched the Everybody Loves Raymond episode he had taped, and then one of the Kennedy specials that's been airing all week. Today is the 40th anniversary of his death--I still remember it even though I was only 5--almost 6. It's amazing to see all the stories that have come out in recent years to convince me that it probably was a conspiracy thing. Kinda makes you shudder.

Still, it was a good Friday evening. Today, the snowstorm is supposed to start, so we'll see how Saturday evening goes.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com