|

Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Warm up

I jumped (well, rolled) out of bed this morning to a cool house--Tim shut off the heat a few days ago when we had temps in the 50s and even 60s. The last couple of days, the highs have been in the 40s, adn this morning it is not even above freezing yet. I scurried about, making Tim's lunch and checking on kids. Then I bundled up and Raven and I headed out.

I could tell the day was going to warm up--the sun was already up in the sky and I could feel the earth warming. As Raven and I headed past Crystal Lake, I noticed the surface looked like a freezy--one of those frozen fruity drinks--just waiting for some invisible spoon to come stir it up so the returning geese and ducks could glide across its newly defrosted waters.

Defrosting. It's almost April, and my freezer needs defrosting. My usual practice is to take everything out in the winter and put it outside, where it will stay frozen will I put boiling pots inside and scrape off the ice before the water melts all over the laundry room floor. So, this morning I'm already at it--hoping the food outside doesn't defrost before the freezer is de-iced.

The joys of spring.......

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com