|

Thursday, June 03, 2004

Blue sky and irises

Graduation day has dawned, clear with blue skies. The birds are singing, and finally I have a couple of iris blooms. Last year there were no blooms, so I was tempted to dig up the whole mess, but instead attempted to separate them in the early fall. Now I have some beautiful yellow blooms, but I'm still jealous of the beautiful white, purple and multi-colored irises I see in my neighbors' gardens. I did not, with some smug satisfaction, that some irises are already done blooming, where mine are just starting. (Even if for only a few days or hopefully, weeks).

They sway their yellow heads to welcome the sun and the passing of time. At least they should last till the graduation party in two days.

Till next time,


Suzi

1 Comments:

Blogger TKls2myhrt said...

Isn't this a beautiful spring? Despite all the rain, the conditions have been good for flowers. Last night, I walked outside to get something from my car and noticed that the air was still heavy with flowery smell. I'm not sure what was giving off the beautiful fragrance - lilacs, honeysuckle rose or the shrubs with the cascading branches and white small flower that line our driveway. Our lilacs must have lasted for a month; usually they die off it a week in hot weather. I love irises. Mine are budding, but are slower to open since that garden faces the west and is hidden by the house until noon. I divided mine last fall, too. I hope they survive my tinkering!

6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com