|

Wednesday, June 23, 2004

The fear factor

This morning I am afraid to blog. Not really afraid to write, because I enjoy the process--at least the blogging process where I don't have to worry about editors (well, maybe I do) or critiques (wrong again I guess) and can just let thoughts spill out of my head.

No, today I am afraid, because I think if I write about what I've been thinking about, I may actually have to take action. And what I've been thinking about is starting a home Bible study for my kids and their teenage friends.

I'm afraid, because I've mentioned this to no one except briefly to Tim, in passing. He seemed to think it was a good idea. I'm afraid because I don't know exactly how to go about this. I'm afraid I'm not qualified, I'll be mocked and rejected, or that no one will come.

But so what? I think God is calling me to do this, whether my kids and/or their friends are receptive. I think he wants to work on me, more than even them. Last night Luke's band members were here with an extra friend--so there were five head-banging kids (including Luke). I was making tacos, so Luke asked if I could make a double batch. Fortunately I had enough meat and shells, so we were able to feed them all. Later that night, Mark had a bunch of friends here (I think he had 3 friends), and they all congregated in the kitchen, eating macaroni and cheese and whatever else they could find. I was pleased, because my boys have been out and about a lot lately, and I like having them and their friends here.

If you feed them, they will come. And what better way to feed them than with the Word of God--the Bread of Life.

Pray for me.

Till next time,


Suzi

3 Comments:

Blogger Cheri said...

Suzi, You are qualified as much as any of us are.
You always have an open, welcoming home. You are 'given to hospitality' more than any one I know.

These kids are obviously drawn to your home, what a unique opportunity to share Christ with them. He is placing them at your doorstep!

9:04 AM  
Blogger TKls2myhrt said...

Thanks for the blog jog (like a memory jog, I guess). I've been stuck since Sunday with thinking of something interesting to write about. Your post today has really got my wheels turning. It turned out to be a long reply, so I've posted it on my blog to save you some space. For a teaser, here's how it starts: Suzi, I've got news for you: you are already conducting a home Bible study!

9:15 AM  
Blogger TKls2myhrt said...

Oops...forgot the link to my reply: http://kiihnworld.blogspot.com/2004/06/reply-to-friend.html

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com