|

Saturday, June 26, 2004

In pursuit

I had trouble posting yesterday's blog--it seemed like it was taking forever to post, so I tried to do it again, and again.......and ended up with 4 posts of the same thing. I tried to delete the extra posts, but to no avail. Sigh.

Anyway, I'm still on the run. After I posted yesterday's blog, we got a call from a good friend who was in town and needed a ride from the airport. So, after Christina and I grabbed some lunch, mailed some bills, stopped at the bank, dropped of the bikes for repair, and picked up her friend Kris, we drove to the airport, sat in traffic, and eventually got our friend home and the girls back to our house. Then the girls wanted to go to the mall, Tim was working late with the boys, and they wanted supper delivered, I stopped at my friend Judy's house next door to where they were working, picked up the girls from the mall, then took them to a coffee house. After stopping home for a bit, Tim and I went to a farewell party for our AFS liaison student, Gamze from Turkey. She'll be leaving with the other AFS students on Monday. :( It was fun to spend some time with her, her friends and her family.

Got home, went to bed, got up early this morning because Raven has to go the vet at 8:30 and Christina has dance auditions at 10. It will be cutting it close. Raven and I were pursued on a good part of our walk today by a couple with a dachsund. He kept turning around to bark at the poor thing, and I kept dragging him along-so he didn't have much time to stop and do his business. Fortunately, he had done some business before the dachsund encounter, so we still have a nice sample to bring to the vet.

It seems like I'm always being pursued by something--mainly the clock. Race here, race there--I hope when we hit the road we'll be able to relax and reflect a little more. I know Tim and the boys are racing to finish jobs so that we can leave, hopefully before the festival starts!


Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com