|

Monday, September 13, 2004

A pair-fect day

I couldn't help but notice that on my walk this morning, I encountered couple after couple. Since I had left me husband at home to chow down his oatmeal and then load up his tools for his daily drywall work, I couldn't help but be a bit envious. My companion was a dog. A very nice dog, a dog I love dearly, but still, a dog. A good thing was that we didn't encounter other single person/dog companion pairs. Only people pairs. This is good because Raven does not lunge after people without dogs too often, barking enthusiastically and pulling at my arm till I want to release his leash as I feel my arm coming out of my shoulder socket (I forget the scientific name for this).

Towards the end of our walk, we did see a couple we encounter quite often, friends of ours, walking their spaniel Poochy. But we were some distance off, and Raven did not see them, so we just waved.

But just when I thought our dog encounters were safely avoided, I saw an amazing sight. It looked like a passing car had an enormous dog head for a hood ornament--but then as it got closer, I could see that a large dog--something like a Great Dane--was standing up in the passenger seat and had his head out the sunroof. He barked at Raven, but the car passed too quickly for Raven to notice.

I'm going to have to borrow Tim's camera to take pictures of the interesting things I see on my walk. Unfortunately, the digital camera would probably take too long to capture the passing dog head. But it's a sight I won't forget for awhile.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com