|

Thursday, October 07, 2004

A gathering of the guys and my sister's 50th!

This morning my husband Tim, my son Luke, Tim's brothers Greg and Jeff, my father-in-law Jim, his brother Danny, and Jim and Danny's cousin Warren all gathered at a popular breakfast place near our home.

It was three generations of drywall tapers (and Danny and Jeff, who are accountants). I realized that my walking route for that morning took Raven and me just behind the restaurant, so we stopped by to see if we could catch anyone. Sure enough, Tim & Warren were just arriving, and Luke soon pulled up, followed by Danny, Jim & Greg. Jeff is more of a night owl, but I'm sure he came soon after we left to continue our walk.

I'm so grateful to these men, for their love of family, hard work, and recreation as well. Warren and his brother Lowell (who for health reasons could not attend the breakfast) started a drywall taping business, and they taught my father-in-law their trade. Now my sons are pretty proficient at stringing tape and throwing mud on the walls too.

What a great legacy they leave. And, speaking of legacies, my sister Cheri turns 50 today! Please link to her site here and leave a birthday wish on her comments. She's had a tough past couple of weeks, since her mother-in-law passed away. She and her husband are tackling the long, bittersweet chore of going through all her personal things, including many papers, cards and notes. Please keep them (Pat & Cheri) in your prayers.

And celebrate life today! Happy, happy birthday Cheri--I hope you have a terrific day filled with laughter and fun.

Till next time,


Suzi

1 Comments:

Blogger Cheri said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes!
It is a beautiful fall day in the Northwoods!

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com