|

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Summer's end

We enjoyed a week of temperatures above normal here in Minnesota, basking in the sunshine and enjoying the beauty of the fall colors. Today is supposed to be the beginning of a cold stretch, with temperatures below normal. I leaves are carpeting the ground, the sun hasn't appeared yet today, a cool wind blows as rain drizzles down. Raven and I hurried on our walk this morning, grateful that we weren't in a cold downpour, yet happy to be back home nonetheless.

I love the changing of the seasons, even though we complain about the cold or the rain. I can't imagine living somewhere where every day is the same, weather-wise--or worse, that the summers are unbearably hot. Give me cold, snowy days for a season, and I'll watch them from my window as I sip my sugar free hot chocolate till the ground thaws once again.

And remember, with winter's advent, the days will be getting longer again.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com