|

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Taking down the tree

Today is January 6, the day before Orthodox Christians in central and eastern Europe celebrate Christmas. I like to think of it as the 12th day of Christmas. Also, the garbage collectors will pick up live trees for free with tomorrow's trash.

So, it's time to take the ornaments off the tree and pack up the decorations. I like to keep the tree up as long as possible, enjoying the lights during the short days and long nights of Minnesota's early winters. And, thinking of those Orthodox believers (including our former exchange student, Inga, from Moldova), I am reminded that they are still celebrating.

As I put away the ornaments and manger scenes, I will not put Christ away, but find room for him in my heart throughout the year. Tax time is coming, and I will need his strength to endure those days through April 15. Then, we can look forward to spring, longer days, and Easter!

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com