|

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Do I need to get up at 5 am every day?

Well, it is now almost 1 pm and I am finally blogging. Today is my "day off," so I treated myself by letting myself sleep till 6:30, then waking the kids, then crawling back under the sheets till 7 to make sure they were really up and to make Tim's lunch. Raven and I had a quicker walk than normal, because I needed to get to the hospital lab for my quarterly blood draw. (At least my reward for that is free parking.) Also at the hospital, I had to give another kind of specimen. Since they are remodeling the lab area, the bathroom facilities for this procedure are down the hall. I had my coat and Bible (to try to catch up on my "homework" for my study which is TOMORROW and I'm way behind.....) me. The lab technician/nurse? let me leave my coat on a hook and pointed down the hall to the specimen place.

So, I carefully did what was needed and started back to the lab room. A new patient was in there. I had been hoping to just slip in and place the said item in a plastic bag that awaited it, but this patient was in a wheelchair in a small room with another person who was there helping her. So, the lab person, passed the bag to me via the helper person, and I put the contents in the bag and passed it back. Would a blood sample have been less unseemly? I don't know....

I had been planning to blog right after the lab visit, but Tim left his phone at home. Fortunately, he was working with Luke, who has a cell phone too. Luke called as I awaited the lab appointment--at least the phone didn't ring in the specimen room. Anyway, Tim asked me to bring a ladder, since I'd be bringing his phone anyway. It was in the lean-to at a 6-foot height (on a special shelf--kinda hard to explain), but I managed to get it down after some fanagling. (Is that a word?) I did wonder if I would be discovered if the ladder hit me in the head and I fell unconscious on the floor of the lean-to, which has a separate entrance and is behind our garage. Would anyone miss me--would they be able to find me? Would they ignore my welt on the head and think I was having a diabetic reaction as they noted my bandaged arm? But I digress (as usual).

I dragged the ladder to my Tundra truck and finally got off to meet Tim and Luke. No other incidents. I decided, as long as I was out, I'd stop at the grocery store on my way home. Hence the late blogging.

Now I need to shower (I know, I went to the grocery store WITHOUT A SHOWER OR MAKEUP--ewwwwwwwww) and then pick up some ink and labels at Office Depot. Then it will be time to get supper ready.

Maybe I should be like my sister Cheri who rises to walk her dog at 5 or 5:30 EVERY DAY. Then, if things come up unexpectedly, she's at least had her shower in. I think her children rise up and call her blessed, too. ;) It is my hope that I can have one day or even hour where I might in some small way resemble the Proverbs 31 woman.

I'm sorry, am I rambling? This is what happens when you blog in the afternoon.......will I get up earlier tomorrow? Perhaps.....but as tax season is now in full swing, I value my sleep when I can get it........

Till next time (morning time!),


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com