|

Friday, February 04, 2005

Vet visit

Today Raven went to the vet. It is always a rather harrowing experience, because he hates the slippery floors there, and he always barks at other dogs that are anywhere near us (and of course, there are other dogs at the vet!) I almost shut the door in his face because I thought he was right behind me as we came in. I brought along a blanket to put down between mats, so he could walk across it, or, if need be, be dragged across the room. (Not easy with a 55 pound German shepherd mix!)

He seemed to have an ear infection before we came, but the doctor said they looked pretty good. While we were there, I had his rabies dog tag replaced (who knows where the old one is), his toenails clipped (a pet-i-cure? I know, baaaad joke……) and his anal glands expressed. (I won’t go into that one—you can google for more info if you like.) I also had a printout done to show our local city officials to prove that he is updated on his vaccinations so I can get a new city tag for him to wear. All dogs and cats in our town are supposed to be licensed (so are all bicycles, for that matter…..)

So, Raven is good to go, cleaned out and trimmed up a bit. We even got vitamins to help his coat look shiny and prevent flaking and itching. Hopefully we will not need to visit again for several months. It’s a nice thing to have done, but not a real fun experience for pet or owner.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com