|

Thursday, February 03, 2005

The value of life

Last night we met with an investment person about life insurance. We have life insurance now, but we are coming to the end of our ten-year renewal, and are considering something else.

We'll probably increase Tim's benefits, because he is the main wage earner and I'd be totally lost without him in many ways, but one significant one would be his income.

In the event of my demise, however, not as much replacement income would be needed as I don't have that much to replace. The kids are all old enough to manage pretty well, so we wouldn't have day care needs or expenses.

I won't be able to switch life insurance, because of my pre-existing diabetes. This bugs me, because I'm healthier now with the medications, exercise and dietary knowledge than before I was diagnosed with this "disease." But our new life insurance man is going to work with our old policy and manage things for both of us.

It's good to be prepared--death will eventually come to us all. But as we sign papers and talk about investments and preparations, I know that ultimately we are in God's hands. He is in control, and he will be the one to care for Tim if I'm gone first or me if Tim's gone first. Of course, maybe we'll both be alive till Jesus comes, and be caught up to heaven with the other believers. This would be my preference......

But our times are in God's hands. We can prepare and we are to live each day as if it is our last or as if Jesus were to return in an hour. I'll make plans, but I'll also focus on life, especially the new life of our newest niece, Emilee Brianne. She was born on Sunday, January 30. She is a cutie, and my brother and his wife are very proud of her and all of their children (Emilee joins two brothers).

Life. Live it, love it, treasure it.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com