|

Thursday, March 03, 2005

It's Funny How People Are....

It's interesting to see people's different reactions to see the outcome of their tax return. I know one person was thrilled to only be owing $5000 to the government when he thought it would be $10,000. Recently, however, a woman practically had a temper tantrum when she found her estimated outcome would be a $1000 refund when she had been expecting $4000.

Refunds are nice, yes--but it is more beneficial to have the money during the year rather than let government keep it interest free till tax filing time. It's funny how we seem to feel entitled to different things. There was a huge rally at our state capitol the other day--for education. Even though spending for education has increased every year--it never seems to be enough.

As a Christian, I know I should be satisfied with what I have--but I often want more. I may be able to tell people to buck up when their tax outcome isn't what they expected, but if I were in their shoes, I'd probably react the same way. We need to be grateful for all the Lord has given us instead of thinking we're owed big time.

For many of us, money has become our god. I'm hoping to put God back on the throne in my life and ask him to help us be wise stewards of what he blesses us with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com