|

Saturday, April 09, 2005

Warm weather walkers

It's interesting to see new faces outside as the weather gets nicer. Today I spotted people with dogs I had never seen before. I smugly thought that these must be fair weather walkers--while Raven and I brave snow, rain and ice every day as we go outside no matter the weather.

I know who the hard core walkers are--people, with or without dogs--who go outside to exercise no matter what. These are the faces I see all year round. There are also the fair weather walkers who are out there most every day from March to October, and I miss seeing them in the winter months.

I know for a fact, however, that if I were not diabetic and I did not have a dog, there would be many a morning I'd hit the snooze button and forego a walk "just for today." I'd be a fair weather walker, too.

But I'd miss so much--there is a lot of beauty to behold in the winter months, and I do enjoy my times of solitude with just Raven and me. But, I can't say that I'm not enjoying warmer weather, and the sight of the fair weather walkers. Welcome, all walkers! Let's enjoy the spring together.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com