|

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Happy anniversary Mom and Dad!

My parents probably won't read this till their anniversary is over--in fact, I know my mom won't, because I called her a little bit ago and she was already getting ready for bed. But after 52 years of marriage, they deserve a little greeting from me on my blog (actually they deserve a lot more than that, but it would be impossible to give them a fraction of what they are worthy of).

It was fun growing up with Mom and Dad. Dad could always make Mom laugh, and their affection for each other through the years has assured us of their love for each other. Their strong faith and commitment to the Lord and each other has been rock solid as long as I can remember.

In a world where people separate easily, sometimes even after years of marriage, I'm glad I have parents who have been together through good times and bad, through sickness and health. They have been wonderful friends, parents and grandparents, and now, dog-owners (which involves a whole new kind of parenting). They roll with the punches of life, give advice when needed; they don't pry or intrude.

As they approach their golden years, they continue to enjoy life, travel, and work hard. Mom is a clown (literally), a tutor, a lay preacher. Dad is a volunteer handyman, tutor as well, and tinkerer.

There is so much more I could say about Mom and Dad, but mostly I want to say thanks for all the years you've invested in us kids and your grandkids in so many ways. Thanks for loving each other and being an example of a loving couple to us. And most of all, I want to say I love you and hope you have a happy happy 52nd anniversary.

That is, happy 52nd anniversary plus one day. (Procrastination is not something I inherited from them--somehow I got it all on my own.)

Till next time,


Suzi

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Suzi,
You forgot to put me down for being a nag. We had a great day, went to Knoxville, saw and heard about old friends, ate at Olive Garden and did a little shopping. Mom gave me some new toys and a william fold with a fifty dollar bill in it. We also got a cooler /heater to plug into a cig. lighter in the car and it cools beautifully. Great for traveling with insulin. And Mom likes what I got her. Goin strong at 52!
Love you much. Like youir words. Mom and Dad

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com