|

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Another morning gift

Wow. After walking in the pitch black for three mornings in a row, it was nice to step outside to the daylight. I could actually see the color of the leaves I scooped up with Raven's ummmm recycled steak bone from last night. I greeted an older lady I used to see almost every day but hadn't seen in a few months. I briefly explained my new work schedule, and she seemed almost grateful to hear why Raven and I had been absent from the streets during her walk time.

I thought of the eagle I had seen almost two weeks ago--on the last week day morning when I didn't have to work. I scanned the tree tops, but all I could see were crows.

Then I saw another incredible sight. As I approached Crystal Lake, the sun was peeking over the large colorful (for those that still had leaves) trees. There was mist covering the lake, and ducks were flying in and out of the fog.

As I had done with the eagle, I stood still to soak in the sight. I was standing near a crosswalk, so someone driving by stopped, thinking I was waiting to cross. I guess it's not too common to just stop at a curb and look at God's handiwork--we must be watching for movement/traffic around us, not admiring the beauty of creation.

Raven and I continued, watching as the first light of the day touched the tree tops. It illuminated the cross on the top of a country-style church--three crows peered down from this perch.

It was a cool, crisp morning. More crunchy walk mornings through the fallen leaves are ahead. I'm glad the clock change will give a little more daylight time so I can enjoy the wondrous sights.

But never fear, December 22 is coming. Then the days start getting longer and we can celebrate the Garage Logic spring.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com