|

Thursday, October 20, 2005

MEA

It's MEA weekend. That's Minnesota's excuse for a 4-5 day weekend for students/teachers. There are supposed to be state-wide conferences somewhere, but I've yet to meet a teacher who actually attends them. The kids enjoy it, after sweating through a long 6-7 weeks of school, they are definitely ready for a break (oh boy.......). I'm taking the opportunity to work extra hours--doing just the opposite of what MEA was created for. But I'm just working half days, so it's not too bad. My co-worker Nicole is in Puerto Rico for her brother's wedding, so her absence (I'm filling in) isn't really MEA related. I just hope she avoids hurricane weather while she's gone!

Tomorrow Mark heads back up to camp after being away for almost a whole week. This will be his last time as a student camper. A couple of long-time buddies from all the way back to grade school are going up with him. It's supposed to be cool and rainy this weekend, but I hope they have a good time anyway.

All this extra work has made me sleepy. Maybe I can catch a few winks before Gilmore Girls and supper time arrive...

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com