|

Friday, October 14, 2005

The Eagle

This morning I saw a bald eagle. Right here in Robbinsdale, just a few blocks from north Minneapolis. At first I wasn't sure--thought it was a large crow, but it definitely had a white head. I saw it soar through the sky, then perch at the top of a large tree. Raven and I stood there for awhile, open-mouthed (well, I don't know if Raven had his mouth open or not) and just stared. Three crows came up near the majestic bird--I don't know if they just liked being near such a "big-shot" or if they wanted to see where he would go to find food. The crows looked like little black birds next to the eagle, but I could tell they were really crows by their constant cawing. Eagle bird seemed a bit annoyed as they seemed to taunt him with their chatter, but he never went after them. Finally, Eagle Bird soared off, with the crows in his wake. I watched his beautiful ark over the trees and marveled at the sight of such a creature in our neighborhood.

Just when we need a little encouragement in life, God sends such a rare and amazing sight as a bald eagle in my neighborhood. It reminds me that I am in the shadow of his wing, and he raises me up from whatever pit I may find myself in--he lifts me up as on eagle's wings.

Today Tim and Mark will get a break from city life as they travel north to the men's retreat. I know they will be able to relax and have fun in the northwoods of Minnesota. Between playing paintball, frisbee golf and skeet shooting (is that how you spell it--actually I don't think Tim and Mark will participate in that one)--they'll have a blast. And maybe they'll even see a bald eagle or two.

Till next time,


Suzi

2 Comments:

Blogger TKls2myhrt said...

That's really cool! I've seen a bald eagle fly over our neighborhood twice. You're right; you certainly can't mistake it. I also saw one as I drove along Hwy 55 one day on my way to KOG! Certainly an awesome sight!

6:31 PM  
Blogger Suzi said...

I remember when you posted about your bald eagle, but I never imagined seeing one here in Robbinsdale. Yet we are only a mile or so from the Mississippi River. Hope I can catch a glimplse of another one. Let me know if you spot any more!
Suzi

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com