|

Friday, October 07, 2005

First frost

Overnight we had our first frost, I believe. I've got my new hoody from camp that I bought last weekend on the women's retreat, and it came in handy today as Raven and I walked in the crisp morning.

As we reached the parkway, I noticed a truck with a paving sign on the back, but nobody around. The sidewalk along the parkway has been torn up for about a month now, with no sign of progress as far as completing the paving process. Raven and I walk along the grass or in the street, which can be tricky at 6 am when it is pitch black out and the roads are narrow with cars parked all along one side.

As we walked farther, I did notice some large machinery--actually moving with people inside! These guys were doing something on the side of the path--smoothing down the dirt or building it up or something. They were not paving/blacktopping. I suppose there are several steps in the process.

In Minnesota, it can snow in October. Perhaps it took the first frost for the workers to get moving and start the pre-paving process. Well, by next spring (hopefully) we should have a nice walking path along the parkway.

Or I may have Raven fill it with something else....

Till next time,


Suzi

PS Today is my sister's birthday! Happy birthday Cheri! You can visit her and leave a birthday wish at her blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com