|

Thursday, November 17, 2005

A morning ride

This morning, as Mark and Christina were leaving for school, Mark realized that he was out of gas. We pay for Mark's gas in his truck during the school year, since he drives himself and his sister every day to and from. I was out of cash, and didn't want to part with my credit card for the whole day, so Raven and I jumped (well, it wasn't exactly that easy) in the back seat of Mark's extended cab truck. Raven and I began our morning walk from the gas station instead of home.

It took a bit to get Raven out, so I crawled over him and then once I was out he followed pretty readily. We walked a new route (well, one we haven't taken in a while) and went down to the lake.

It was a quiet, cold morning--temperatures in the single digits, which we haven't had since March. Raven and I watched the steam rise from the lake that had formed a thin layer of ice in patches. Not safe for walking, that's for sure--not for a good while yet.

Last week we were running around without coats. Now we are bundled up and the heat is finally on in the house. I guess summer is really over.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com