|

Friday, December 09, 2005

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

It seems like the hype around The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe is all worthy of it. So I was a little disappointed to hear Michael Medved give it only three stars out of four, but he said it was because he didn't consider it to be "great" or epic-like as The Lord of the Rings was. After all, he said, it is a children's story at heart, which it should be, although there are moments in the movie that are scary for younger children.

I think I first read CS Lewis's Chronicles of Narnia as a young adult--maybe even after we got married--Tim of course had the whole series. My kids all read them before they were 12, I think. It's fun to think about a movie that we would all enjoy, especially at the age they are all at now--15, 17 and 20. Maybe it will be a Tennessee Christmas outing. Maybe Grandma and Grandpa will even want to join us. Too bad we're leaving Raven at home--but maybe he would enjoy the DVD version that's surely to come out. (I hope they don't wait to make it a package set with all seven movies/books. Raven may not be with us by then!{Bite my tongue!})

So, enjoy the LWW. Then go buy the books if you haven't read them and check out CS Lewis's other stuff. I think I'll try reading The Screwtape Letters over the holiday.

Till next time,


Suzi

1 Comments:

Blogger Your Tim(e) Has Come said...

Just thought I'd let you know I am now again current on your blog.

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com