|

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Playin' hooky (or is it hookie?)

I feel like I'm skipping work today, but actually Nicole and I just traded days this week--I'll be working Thursday instead of Wednesday. So I took advantage of this and visited my old Bible Study Fellowship class. This is actually a no-no (BSF has lots of rules--all with legitimate reasons behind them) but they were gracious to me (and I figured it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission). I didn't attend a discussion group (that's really not appropriate) but I sat in on the lecture. It was nice to hear Linda again and see some familiar faces. I got some hugs and some "We miss you toos" from folks I hadn't seen since last spring when I thought I'd be returning in the fall.

I visited some of my Maple Grove "haunts" too. Is my life shallow when my favorite places to go on Wednesday mornings after BSF are Rainbow Foods for Oatmeal Apple cinnamon cereal (Cub Foods doesn't carry this particular brand any more) and to Oreck to get carpet cleaning stuff to use with our nifty carpet cleaner? Mark is home with a tummy ache today (maybe what I did have was a bug) and so I picked up some Chicken Mini Noodles Soup at Hand for him.

Speaking of Mark, he was one of the Seniors of the Month in his high school newspaper. You can link to his high school here. On the right sidebar there is a link to the newspaper, but the current newspaper (actually Nov, 2005) isn't posted yet--but you can keep checking back. It's work the wait. Mark is noted for his saxophone and guitar playing as well as his diligence in his long distance romance with Moldovan exchange student Inga.

Well, I should try to do something around here to prove I was really home today.

Till next time,

Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com