|

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Anti-lock and ramblings

I got to test out my Highlander today in the snow. Scotty McGregor did a fine job, getting me to work safe and sound. The anti-lock brakes work well, though I'm still getting used to them. The main roads were jammed, but we were (Scotty & I) able to negotiate the back roads fairly easily, if slowly. I was about 10 minutes late to work, but part of that was because Mark couldn't get his truck doors open to get to school. He finally was able to get them open enough to back up so he could take the Tundra out. I asked him to call me and they got to school on time, then Christina called me to say school had a late start due to the weather.

I finished the newsletter at work, had some kinks to work out with the new PDF application, but was actually able to get help by e-mailing tech support, getting a timely answer, and what they suggested worked! At least for the most part--I've already got a couple of e-mails saying that people are having trouble opening it. Maybe they don't have Acrobat reader downloaded on their computer. That would be an easy solution.

It's after 8, and even though I'm not as tired as on a Monday, I think I'll hit the sack early. No Gilmore Girls tonight (they're on tomorrow instead--and it's a rerun!) so I don't have my usual fix of new dialogue. Ah well, there is more to life than Lorelei and Rory.

In our staff meeting today, our superintendent talked about how we as Americans tend to go right from Thanksgiving to Christmas. We miss Advent, and the anticipation of the arrival of our Savior. At least a couple of staff members said they hadn't grown up with the Advent tradition, and I'm so thankful that I did. I have many fond memories of gathering around the Advent candles on the Sunday nights before Christmas and reading a special devotion and singing a Christmas carol.

In the busyness of the season, I hope I can find rest and time to reflect on the reason for it all--Jesus' coming. And while we wait for Christmas, we can be busy doing His work and anticipating the second Advent--when he shall return for us and we can enter eternal rest.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com