|

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Advent snow and ice
















I took the digital camera out again this morning on our walk. I found a reminder of my birthday (last Sunday) in the snow--a celebration of the liturgy for the first Sunday in Advent. (Click on the picture for a close-up view.) My birthday is the earliest Advent can begin, since it is exactly four weeks before Christmas, so when it falls on a Sunday it's the beginning of the Advent season. Now it's only three weeks till Christmas Eve!

One of our neighbors always makes an ice rink for his children--so he's setting up to do that again in the second picture. I think it's almost cold enough to be out on the ice (but not driving yet, and maybe not ready for fish houses). I, myself, am afraid to walk on ice at any time of year (although I did it on a lake where Tim had lost his cell phone when he and Raven were running across the lake in January). That was another post--I went with him calling his cell phone with mine until we recovered it. Ay caramba.

Hope to keep posting photos!

Till next time,

Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com