|

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Happy day

I had a very nice birthday today, although it had a bit of a bewildering beginning. The radio went off, as usual, at 5 am, but then off again at 6. Tim, for some reason, turned it back on but didn't get up. I got up after 7 to walk Raven. No one stirred to wish me a happy birthday. Ah well, there is plenty of time left in the day, I thought.

As Raven and I walked and neared home, we approached a house with a barking dog. No big deal, I thought--even if Raven barks back people keep their dogs in the yards, chained or fenced in. But not this time. Two chocolate labs left the confines of their yard and approached us. Raven barked, and I decided to take the long way home. Fortunately, Nestle and Cocoa decided not to pursue us too much farther.

Back at home, I expected at least a sleepy birthday greeting from someone. Nothing. I went into the bedroom. Tim was up, because the bed was made--his first birthday gift to me (he never makes the bed-at least not without help). So I putzed around a bit. Finally he came home. I thought I'd be coy and hide in the closet, but he didn't even come looking for me. After several minutes I got tired of the coy act, so I emerged. Oh, there you are, he said. He had bought me a birthday card and a little digital camera that Raven and I can use on our walks. Hopefully I can post some photos soon on my blog. Thanks, honey!

Christina and Mark eventually got up, and we made our way to church, were I spent my birthday morning managing two toddlers and changing poopy (okay, only one) diaper(s). We went out to Old Country Buffet (I know, another chain, Rick) but had a delicious lunch.

On to home where I cleaned and cooked to get ready for my birthday party. It was worth the effort. My in-laws arrived around six and we enjoyed tacos and fixins. Tim's cousin Terry came and brought me a gift from himself and his parents. (His mom, Tim's aunt, makes lovely sun catchers and Terry brought me two of them.) I got a nice outfit from my mother- and father-in-law as well as Tim's brother and his wife. Tim's other brother and wife got me some nice bath items--lotion, a candle, spray and body wash. Mmmmm mmmm. I can already feel the bath water creeping up to sooth me.

Mark got me some diamond earrings from a real jewelry store. I was stunned. Luke got me a generous gift certificate from one of my favorite bookstores. Christina cleaned and chauffeured us around. We enjoyed cake from Dairy Queen.

Our friend Greg stopped by too with birthday wishes--we saw him at church today and Tim invited him (and his family, who couldn't make it) at the last minute. It was a pleasant surprise for me. Luke's girlfriend Katie also came and she made me a beaded barrette. Christina's boyfriend Pete arrived also, with the gift of keeping Christina happy. Mark's girlfriend couldn't make it from Moldova, but I know she would have been here if she could.

Thank you everyone for a terrific day. It was also great to talk to my mom and dad, brother Rog and sister Cheri. I know I'll talk to Lori soon too (little sis). Thanks to you for your wonderful gifts, too. (Love the purse and chocolates!)

Till next time,


Suzi

2 Comments:

Blogger TKls2myhrt said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Suzi! I wish you a wonderful year.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Suzi said...

Thanks Theresa!

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com