|

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Wintry Wednesday

We are in the middle of a winter storm. School was delayed one hour today, and fortunately, I did not have to work today. I say fortunately because Mark and Christina made it about a mile down the road and then Mark got two flat tires. He and cousin Terry had been at a junkyard to get "new" tires installed, and apparently the back two weren't sealed properly. (I have no idea what this means.) Anyway, Mark called me while I was in the shower, so of course I told him to call his dad. Fortunately (again) Luke, Terry and Terry's roommate John were in the neighborhood and gave Mark and Christina a ride home so they could pick up the Tundra to drive instead.

However, no one told the gas station people that they were abandoning the truck there. Fortunately (once again) Tim let me know and I called them. They were very gracious, especially since Mark was able to get it to the back and side of the building out of the way. So, after calling the gas station I called AAA and our service station. However, I did need to go out to meet the tow truck.

I got to the gas station without incident, decided to fill up there since they were so kind to me, and then as I was going back to the Highlander after filling up, the tow people pulled in. I showed my trusty AAA card, signed (my life away?) and waited till he had hooked up the truck.

Since I was out, I went to the bank and got cash and holiday cards for those who wanted $$ for Christmas, stopped and got a gift card at Target for those who preferred that, had copies of keys made, and picked up my prescriptions.

I drove by the service station and saw Mark's truck outside, looking sad. I think it is time to say good-bye to this money pit, who has been a good friend but is ready to go, I believe, to its eternal reward--either someone with deep pockets or to the junkyard from whence its tires came.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com