|

Thursday, January 19, 2006

A free-flowing pipe

Tim spent the morning at home today, working on cleaning up stuff. First order of business was our clogged pipe. He got a new hose hooked up and, since this one did not burst, it was able to unclog the problem. Hurray! Now I have my kitchen sink back. But maybe I should still order some earthworms to eat their way through future clogs. Can they live in pipes with detergent, water, and other nasty stuff floating by?

At work I'm calling churches to remind them to fax in their attendance data forms. We have lots of rural churches, some of which do not have fax machines. Some do not even have voice mail. So I'm hoping that somehow, they will complete their forms to send to us. I talked to one woman today (the pastor had me call her) who said it is long distance to call her pastor, and she only gets her mail three times a week because that is how often she goes to the post office. We did not discuss fax machines and e-mail. And I complain about having to walk to the curb to retrieve the mail instead of getting it right by my front door. Rural American is certainly not suburbia.

I guess it's snowing in the north metro or at least north of the Twin Cities, but here at work in south Minneapolis it's only lazy flurrying. We'll see how traffic is later. In rural America, they probably have to do a lot of fending for themselves in snow storms--not relying on the convenience of city plows.

I may get clogged pipes once in awhile, but I guess I like suburban life.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com