|

Friday, February 17, 2006

Hovering

Well, the weather forecasters may have messed up on the amount of snow the Twin Cities received (we got squat) but they were right about the temperature drop. Raven and I bundled up (well, I bundled up) and headed out into the frigid, dark morning. It wasn't too bad, actually (around zero degrees) but when we walked back home we were walking into the wind. The last block was torturous, but we made it. I stood inside by the front door while Tim sat across the room eating his hot oatmeal and drinking his coffee.

"BRRRRRRR It's frozen out there!"

"Well, maybe you'd like to help me haul in some 12-footers (12-foot sheet rock) today," Tim replied, giving me absolutely NO sympathy.

"Hmmmpf" was my reply. At least we were able to scrounge and find the gloves he got for Christmas (thanks Cheri) and his "bomber" winter hat. Hopefully he'll stay warm enough as he and Terry and maybe Luke haul the rock into the house they're working on.

But even in the cold, there is beauty. I was taking my usual scenic route to work along the Mississippi River road, and I couldn't help but notice the steam/snow or something rising and swirling above the surface of the river. It reminded me of Genesis 1:2: " Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters." (NIV) Right after that God created light.

It was nice to be driving in daylight this morning. The days are getting longer, and I'm grateful that the Spirit of God hovers in creation and in my heart. Now that's something to warm you right up and brighten your day!

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com