|

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

With apologies to nephew Richard

Do you remember that song from the musical, Annie? The one she and Daddy Warbucks sing at the end of the movie, with the line, "Yesterday was plain awful...you can say that again..yesterday was plain awful, but that's not now, that's then..." And of course, "the sun will come out tomorrow..."

Well, if you read Tim's blog you know about some of the trials of yesterday. We are really saddened by the disappearance of one of his employee's, who may have had a set-back with his former drug addiction. Please pray for him.

We also got the news that one of our dearly loved ladies from our now defunct church passed away. This is the third death of friends from our former church in two months. I suppose it shouldn't be a huge surprise, since many of them were in their 80s, but it is still sad.

And then, one the way home from work yesterday, my car started talking back to me. My beloved Highlander, the Car That Can No Wrong Because It is New(er) And Has All Wheel Drive, was acting up. First a little light started flashing at me--a cute little picture of a car skidding. Then an incessant beeping noise started. This was followed by the engine slowing down occasionally, and the sound of the anti-lock brakes kicking in when my foot was not on the brake.

Of course, I called Tim using my panicky voice. (This voice never seems to unnerve him, somehow.) I convinced him to call Toyota, and they called me back, assuring me that I could still drive it till I got to their repair shop. Well, I got home somehow and took Mark's car, the Camry to BSF. Tim came home and took the car up to Toyota City. There, they looked at it and said they had never seen anything like it. This was not very reassuring.

Well, Mark took the Tundra and picked Tim up at Toyota City. They have service open till 2 am, and at 10:30 they called back, saying they thought it was fixed--it just needed resetting. At least, they hoped that solved the problem. Otherwise, it would be a $2500 fix with something with the computer, I think.

Well, today is going better--although I wasn't too sure it would. I woke up to freezing rain type drivel, and I had volunteered to give Tim's cousin Terry a ride to St. Paul by 9 am. I got to his house at 8 and we arrived at his destination by 8:35 in spite of reports of spin outs and accidents all over town.

I got to the grocery store at 9 am and have lasagna ready to put in the oven for a Valentine's Dinner. So, things are looking up.

Sorry Richard, I know yesterday was your birthday, and I hope it was a very very happy one. I hope you and your mom have a fun valentine's day.

I know that I'm planning on it. Chocolate, I think, may be in my near future. It's the great comfort food. (Jewelry, perfume, and flowers are comforting too, in case anyone is reading this who would feel led to give some to his Valentine.)

Till next time,


Suzi

PS More good news today--Mai called & e-mailed--she is planning to visit next month!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Your Tim(e) Has Come said...

More playing catch up for not buying flowers--I read your blog today. Happy Valentine's Day. The meal was out of this world wonderful.

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com