|

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Breakfast with family

I didn't jump out of bed as early as I should have, but Raven and I got our walk in, my shower, and then Tim and I ran over to Chanhassen to meet my sister, her husband and son for breakfast this morning. We had a nice buffet and caught up a little bit. My nephew was there for a Leadership Weekend at the college he plans to attend--he and several other students were there applying for a leadership scholarship. They wrote essays, did team building exercises, etc. Cheri & Pat (my sister and brother-in-law) got to attend some parent meetings and get familiar with the campus and staff.

We learned that Daniel has a new girlfriend, while our boys have just parted ways with their long-time girlfriends this past week. I'm sure they will remain in touch and be friends, but it's still hard, especially right before Valentine's Day. But they are doing well. Luke is heading up for a couple of days with friends at a cabin (really a house) at Two Harbors, MN right on Lake Superior. Mark's keeping busy with his friends, school and worship team at church.

Christina called last night after ten with the strangest excuse for coming home late I've heard yet (and I've heard some good ones)--there were some coyotes in her friend's yard, so they wanted to make sure the coast was clear before they dashed out to boyfriend Pete's car (she and Pete are still together). Anyway, she did arrive home safely, none the worse for wear as far as I know. I haven't seen any fang or scratch marks.

And so, another weekend begins. We had a nice time at our friends' home but we all called it an early evening, which was really not bad. I caught a little bit of the Olympics opening ceremony. Now I can kick back and watch the competition. Or I can work on competing again the clutter in the house, to see who wins--right now the odds are not in my favor.

But the weekend is still young.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com