|

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

There are ups, and there are downs

Ups: having a job to go to so I can help meet our family needs
Downs: dealing with crabby people on the phone who don't appreciate how you are trying to help them
Ups: Dealing with grateful people whose smile you can hear on the phone and whose genuine "thank you" is always a day brightener
Downs: Having people ask you if they need to go get their shot gun when your dog barks at them for no apparent reason
Ups: Having a mom and little boy ask if your dog is friendly, then having the little boy run up to your dog, saying "Puppy, puppy" while said puppy (Raven) licks his face happily and the mom just stands by and smiles.
Downs: When Raven barks at approaching dogs forcing you to walk down the hill to the lake where a cold wind is whipping up off the open expanse.
Ups: Getting Girl Scout cookies
Downs: Checking blood sugar after eating Girl Scout cookies
Ups: Having a great Bible study like BSF to go to
Downs: Being late to BSF because tax clients were coming after 5 to pick up their tax returns
Ups; Being able to pick up my lesson at BSF
Downs: being so late to BSF that I can't join my class. I could sit around and stay for the lecture, but I am just too exhausted.
Ups: I can go home early and crash.
Downs: A new cell phone gets bumped in a bucket of water
Ups: There might be insurance on the phone
Downs: Parenting teenagers can be frustrating
Ups: Today is Mark's birthday, and he is much more of a blessing than a frustration
Ups: Mark is 18 today and he is turning out to be a wonderful young man
Ups: We are so grateful for the years he has blessed our lives
Ups: He is growing up to be thoughtful and independent
Ups: We will celebrate with a special quiche dinner tonight
Ups: Eighteen years ago when he was born blue, he pulled through (the biggest baby in NICU at almost 10 pounds) and showed he is an overcomer.
BIGGEST UP: Jesus is my constant partner in life, through all the ups and downs. When I'm down, he reminds me to look heavenward to remember my gifts and blessings. When I'm up, he gives me the ability to encourage others around me.

Hope you have an UP day.
Happy birthday Mark! Seeing you is always an upper.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com