|

Thursday, April 27, 2006

The first day in a row

You know there's that saying, "Today is the first day in the rest of your life." It's good to start fresh every day, greet the Lord and thank him for another day of life, and move on from trials and temptations of the past.

As I move on to this next jobless (or at least temporarily so) phase of my life, I am gratified by the amount of support I've already received with word getting out about my job ending. I e-mailed a few people before I left the office, letting them know I wouldn't be working with them via e-mail or phone any more, and many responded with encouragement and kind words. One person even wrote, "Thanks for the info, but I am disappointed. We had a good thing going!" Then she wished me God's best. I am disappointed too, and in her case, I had just started creating things on the web page that she had asked me to do and had even posted some pictures from her. Guess I'll have to work on picture posting on this blog instead.

Anyway, thanks for all who have called, e-mailed or left comments on my blog in the past day--Mom & Dad, Cheri, Rick, Rodney, Warren, Lori. Even my friend Thomas in New York read my blog and dashed me an e-mail--thanks Thomas--feel free to leave a comment here sometime!

As I look out my window I see that a tree stump from the church behind us is finally being removed. Tim took a picture of the downed tree after the nasty storm we had here last September. (Look here and scroll down to September 22.) There were a lot of downed trees back then and slowly but surely the stumps have been removed from most of the neighborhood. It's quite a task when you think of the root system of some of these large trees.

Even though I feel like my roots have been yanked out to an extent, I know that my job was just a job, and I was only there 10 months--not long enough to go down too deep. I do, however, get attached to people easily, so even the gentle yanking of ten months' growth is painful. However, my real roots are at home with my family and beyond--with the family I grew up with and ultimately with my Christian brothers and sisters. My roots are in my faith and in my God, not in a place of employment.

So, as my friend Rick would say (thanks for the reminder Dad), on we go. Sometimes it seems like two steps forward, three steps backward, but eventually we'll get the three steps forward two steps backward down. Because after all, tomorrow is another day. I'll step into it and hope not to find myself ankle deep in icky stuff--but even if I do, I know I can get cleaned up and walk back through the muck of life with the support of those around me and with the help of my Savior whose already walked before me.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com