|

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Many days in a row

It's rather ironic that I wrote yesterday about going back to work only three days a week. Because, soon after I arrived at work today, I met with Boss #1 and Boss #2. They talked about how the consultant we met with in December was recommending various changes, and one of them was out sourcing our communications department.

Namely, me.

I could tell it was hard for them and they said they would give me two weeks severance and take me out to lunch if I was up to staying all morning. I accepted their offer and we had a nice meal together. They promised me good references if I needed them for future employment.

I didn't sleep too well last night because of other issues in our family I won't go into now, so I was a little weepy this morning. However, Tim plans to teach me to do the accounting/book work for his business and thereby relieve him of at least part of the impossible task he has of running a business, doing the bookkeeping & payroll, keeping a myriad of clients happy, sending out invoices in a timely manner, and keeping his employees busy.

It's a tough day, but also an opportunity for new beginnings. I'm trying to look on the bright side, but there are moments when it's just plain hard.

Till next time,


Suzi

2 Comments:

Blogger Rodney Olsen said...

That's pretty tough. I'm sure that God has it all in hand but it's hard not to be dissapointed.

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Suzi,
Mom and I are praying for you and your tender heart. Things will work out for the best for you and your family. You have learned a lot on this job and have even had some specialized training. Some of this will surely be useful in your new job as administrative assistant to the CEO of one of Robbinsdale`s newest enterprises. It seems to me that your church heirachy could have been less like Donald Trump in how this issue was communicated. As some one once commented, (maybe even twice) "on we go". Love and Prayers, DOD and Mom.

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com