|

Thursday, May 11, 2006

I'm getting the pump!

After two years of contemplating, I've finally decided to take the plunge. When I was at my doctor's office this week, I decided to go for it. I'm getting an insulin pump, and probably within the next couple of days.

I filled out the one-page form at the doctor's office and yesterday I got a call from Medtronic. I could select from different colors--Smoke, Purple, Red, Blue and Clear. After a little debate (Christina voted for purple) I decided to go clear. I also went for the shorter tubing, not planning to have the pump in my sock as some patients do.

I am pumped! (Pun intended.) Later this summer technology is available for another attachment to read blood sugar and send messages to the pump. Blood sugar readings can be read every five minutes, and if you go high or low a little signal is sent out.

I'll be calling the doctor's office for a three-hour training session, probably next week, and going back at the end of June to meet with my doctor to find out how things are going. I'm looking forward to this new adventure.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com