|

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Happy Birthday Mom!

I'm blogging really late today, so this will be short, but hopefully sweet! Today is my mom's birthday and I didn't want the day to go by without blogging a special birthday wish! I started my day taking lunch to my daughter at school (she forgot it) and when I talked to mom this morning I remember her doing special things like that for me (although during elementary years I often came home for lunch of tomato soup, grilled cheese sandwiches and cooked chocolate pudding with a big marshmallow on it). I'm sure there was more variety in Mom's lunches than that, but I guess that was my favorite noon meal.

After running Christina's lunch to school I was in my on-the-go mode so I didn't even stop to check e-mail till evening. Grocery shopping, home to bake banana bread and start supper, off to take Christina to get stuff for a school project, home again to finish getting supper ready for Tim, kids and Terry and Judd. It was fun to have a full table--even Pete (Christina's boyfriend) stayed for supper. We had ham and potato casserole so it was an easy way to fill up our tummies.

Thanks, Mom, for teaching me the "mom" things. Mother's Day is coming, which is often (every 6 years or so) on Mom's birthday. May is a great time to remember how special you are, Mom--when everything is so fresh and growing. Thanks for helping me grow into the person I am--hopefully I am following your model in some small way.

Love you Mom--have a great birthday and wonderful year!

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com