|

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Really sad day

Last night we went to a funeral for the nephew of some good friends of ours. Their family and the Nelson family have been linked in three generations--Tim's parents are friends of his friend Brent's parents and Brent's kids are friends with our kids.

This is the third death of a friend's son who has been killed in a car accident in the past five years or so. I think in all cases speed (as in driving too fast) was involved, and they may have involved alcohol too.

This boy who died over the weekend was a good kid who loved his family. They shared stories about how he shared his love with everyone and told them he loved them. Brent shared how his nephew came over to their house almost every night for dinner in the past several weeks, as he recently moved back to Minnesota from California and lived close to his uncle and aunt. Every night before he left, he would hug them and tell them he loved them.

Our boys came with us to the service. Before Luke left to go home we hugged him and told him we loved him. Mark, too, gave us a hug before bed and in the morning before school. Christina is pretty good about saying "I love you" a lot of the time. Sometimes she has ulterior motives, but I know she always means it.

If you haven't heard me say "I love you" lately, I'll try to say it next time I see you or talk to you. As Jim Croce said in his famous song, "I'll have to say I love you in a song" because it was difficult for him to speak it. Well, I hope it's not hard for me to say, but I'll go ahead and write it here. "I'll have to say I love you in a blog."

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com